I had fabric left after I finished some lampshades last month and I decided to gift my client a pair of special pillows. The white is a wool and linen blend from Twill and the yellow print is linen from Vervain.
Here are the lampshades I made for her, ten for a chandelier and the square for a table lamp.
I’ve been experimenting with raffia for embroidery and decided to try dying it with Rit. I drew a paper pattern and transferred it to my wool.
The Rit dye worked perfectly, I got a nice aqua blue.
It was a pretty quick embroidery, just a few days.
I made the wool pillow with a knife edge and a small flange in a different linen. For the yellow print linen, I outline quilted and washed it, then made the pillow with a boxed, shirred border in the self fabric and two small flanges.