I put this together yesterday. I wanted to attach it all with binding wire.
I like the antique base for this lamp. I’ll take it back to Landbridge Lighting now and have Stephen wire it.
Since this is the first time I’ve put something together with wire, there was a lot of experimenting happening. I’ll be able to do it better next time.
You can read in several previous posts about how I made the copper flowers. These are all repousse and fold-formed.
I’ve always loved this form of lamp base. During the early years when I was making lamps I bought all the floral tole lamps that I could find.
I remember one time at the Porte de Vanves flea market I spotted a wrought iron floor lamp about 2 blocks away and sprinted to it. I asked the guy how much and when he told me 400 I couldn’t dig the 400 euros out of my bag fast enough.
He says no, no ” pas quatre cent………..quarante”………..40 euros.