This is just the start of the bed pillows for this project but these took several days to complete so I thought I’d show you these today.
The white crewel is the bedspread in Mary’s clients’ guest bedroom. Mary Hansen brought several fabrics with her and we found a few more on my shelf to compliment. We like our projects to be a combination plate of color and texture.
We liked both the Brunschwig paisley print and the floral from Old World Weavers…………we couldn’t decide which to use on the fronts………..so, of course we used both!
I cut the paisley print at 24″ x 26″ and the floral around several groups of the motif.
I appliqued around the perimeter of each piece and then used wool yarn to embellish the flowers.
I dyed the wool yarn.
Mary brought a plain pumpkin color cotton which I quilted for the backs of the pillows. I machine quilted along the pencil lines that I drew on the muslin.
The boxed edges are made with a piece of Scalamandre fabric. You can see that I mimicked and enlarged that pattern for my quilting.
I put the quilted pieces through the washer and dryer then I cut some long bias strips from a Fabricut Poly blend and sewed in a tiny cord.
I sewed a little running stitch next to the cord.
My other project this week was to recover this vintage deck chair.
You can find these at flea markets and they are usually inexpensive because the covers are shredded.
Kelly brought a vintage linen sheet and we found several complimenting pieces on my shelf.
The original material is stapled on but I’m going to hand sew with waxed linen thread.
I used old mother of pearl buttons to attach the pillow. I think the back looks really pretty with the contrasting materials.
The waxed linen thread makes nice strong, big stitches.